The Shoebox Diorama
Based in The Hague, The Netherlands
2013 - 2014
Blocked In was the first diorama released in October 2013 and offered a place in which the visitor could experience an immersive room and the surreal sight of Tetris blocks falling from the sky. It also coined the term diorama for these kind of experiences. The room you can visit was handpainted on top of 3D geometry. Every inch of the room is unique, every scratch on the table top, every letter of the handwritten message, every pixel of a tetris block. The little details in the room are narrative hooks to make the visitor puzzle together a story.
Blocked in was released in november 2013 and was soon one of the most downloaded experience for the Rift. It has been many dimensionauts introduction to the Rift. And was features in many top 10 lists, including the PC gamers top 10 list of Oculus Rift experiences.
- The environment is handpainted on top of 3D geometry allowing for a staggering amount of detail
- A spatial audio system allows the visitor to experience true 3D sound
- A special rendition of the Tetris A team by Misha Velthuis
- Custom dronescapes by Rutger Muller
- Guaranteed to blow your mind!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection Amaze festival 2014" Blocked In And Der Grosse Gottlieb, 9 - 11 April, 2014
- "Official Selection : Vertigo of Reality" Installations in the Akademie der Kunste, 26 – 27 September, 2014
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
PC GAMERS Top 10 List of Oculus Rift experiences
Another Top 10 List of Oculus Rift experiences
About The Shoebox Diorama
The Shoebox Diorama is a one man company that creates interactive illustration for virtual reality devices.
More information on The Shoebox Diorama, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Diorama No. 1 : Blocked In Credits
Creative Director, The Shoebox Diorama